MOTORCYCLE REPAIR COURSE
Below is the Online Motorcycle Repair Course. I will try to take you from knowing nothing about Motorcycle Repair to being able repair your own and others Motorcycles. How much you learn and how well you repair your motorcycle will depend on you. Remember what the Bible tells us... " And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" (Colossians 3:23) In other words always do your very best. In reality, you are really working for God, and not man.
If you are just looking for general Motorcycle stuff go back to index and pick from there.
This course is designed for three types of people.
Click on the topics below to get started.
Remember to Click on all blue underlined words or pictures to get the full story!
Like my Motorcycle Fever sign? Click Here for a PDF of it. Print it out on an 8 1/2"x11" sheet of card stock, laminate it
- People who want to do their own work.
- People who want to know how the work is done, but do not want to do it themselves.
- People who want to do it, for Pay, for other people.
and hang it up in your shop!
If you use this course a lot Please consider making a DONATION to keep this site up on the Web.
If you would like to advertise on Dansmc.com Click Here.
Looking for a great deal on a motorcycle?
Check out used cars Brampton for all your
bike and car needs.
Get a new performance Motorcycle Battery for your motorcycle or ATV!
ATV Service manuals pdf
Check out the EagleRider Super Store and get the best deals and prices on all motorcycle parts and accessories.
Buy and sell your motorcycle. List bike for free, or find the best used motorcycles on the market at UsedMotorcycles.net.
- Just Do It! Getting started for the very first time.
- Shop Safety Avoiding the Pain.
- Helmets Skidlids, and why you need one.
- 2 & 4 Stroke Engine Basics How an Engine Works.
- Motorcycle Glossary Some Very Basic Definitions for the Beginner.
- Shop Manuals The Spec's for your Engine.
- The Ultimate Shop Manual The Spec's for the Human Machine.
- Online Manuals Free Shop and Parts Manuals Online.
- A Career in Motorcycle Repair A different view, That's for sure.
- Motorcycle Flat Rates What is that job of work worth?
- Quick Troubleshooting Do These Things first!
- Trouble Shooting a Used Bike Should I buy that thing or not?
- Trouble Shooting a Bike that Will Not Start. Making that old dog run.
- Definitions What does a Tune-Up or Top-End Job, consist of?
- Troubleshooting Plan... Planning how to fix the problem.
- Basic Tools For the beginner...Tools 101!
- Advanced Tools The next step up, or what do I want for next Christmas.
- Special Tools More New Tools.
- Making Special Tools Save Money, Make your own Special Tools.
- Impact Driver... Your first Special Tool.
- Good Shop Practice... Go fast without really trying.
- Home Work Every School has Home Work... Here is yours!
- Home Work 2... Don't worry, this will be fun!
- Engine Start Up Start'n her up.
- New Engine Break-In Breaking it in without breaking it up.
- Mysterious Two Stroke Seizure Getting stuck without trying!
- HopUp Getting you more power.
- Remove Your Seat "Fix My Bike ? ? ? I can't even get the seat off." Here's Tips on how to do it.
- Chemicals Some slippery stuff, that.
- Cleaning Parts You can really clean up with this one.
- Air Tools How to use Air Tools Right.
- Hot & Cold How to make a part's Temperature work for you.
- Worrying Removing that stuck, rusted, part.
- Piddling Making it work when you don't know how.
- Winter Storage How to Store Your Bike Right.
- Fastener Theory Trying to Hold it together.
- Torquing Bolts Torque it down. Wow, that sounds dirty, doesn't it!
- Fixing Bad Threads. Torqued it down too much, didn't you.
- Stripped Bolts and Screws How to fix stripped out bolts and screws.
- Phillips Head JIS Screws Stop murdering those Phillips Head Screws.
- Sand Blasting Blowing Chunks, so to speak!
- Chinese Bikes The Chinese Revolution.
- Locating Parts Getting The Right Part.
- 2 Stroke Oil Keep Your Ring-Ding Ringing.
- 4 Stroke Oil Keep that Engine Oiled.
- Changing your Oil, Page 1 Changing your Oil and Filter.
- Changing your Oil, Page 2 Getting it all on the Level.
- Two Stroke "Auto-Lube" Oil Pumps Lubing 'er up without fouling 'er out.
- Two Stroke "Auto-Lube" Systems Different Strokes for Different Folks!
- Four Stroke Lubrication Lubing her up!
- Four Stroke Oil Flow Systems How do they lube that?
- Gaskets Keep the Oil Where it Belongs.
- Grease Keeping the goo compatible.
- Gasoline About the Fuel You Burn.
- Gasohol People get a bit tipsy about this.
- Gas Tanks Keeping the Go Juice from leaking away.
- Carburetor Theory and Tuning Changing those jets.
- Carburetors Servicing your Carburetor.
- Balancing Carburetors Matching the Throttles.
- Exploded Carburetor Views Lot and Lots of Carburetors!
- Pumper Carbs Blow that fuel in!
- Two Stroke Power Valves Power from the Valves.
- Reed Valves One way Flappers.
- Air Cleaners Clearing the air.
- Ignition Timing Ignition Theory.
- Magneto Timing Timing a Flywheel Magneto.
- Electronic Ignition A Pointless Discussion!
- Timing a Battery/Coil Ignition Is there a Point to this Discussion?
- Electrical Testing Information that may prove to be Shocking!
- Soldering The Joining of the Wires.
- Batteries Servicing Your Battery.
- Spark Plugs How to read a Spark Plug.
- 29 Spark Plug Images... Cold to Hot. Be Patient, it takes awhile to load.
- Electric Starters Making her spin.
- Exploded Starters Exploded Starter Views.
- Generator/Starter/Dynamo Another way to spin it.
- Virago Starter Problem A fix, perhaps, to an old problem.
- Engine Compression Testing Finding the Pressure.
- Four Stroke Compression Releases Venting the Pressure.
- Two Stroke Compression Releases Venting that Pressure Two!
- Four Stroke Leak Down Test leaking the Pressure.
- Two Stroke Crankcase Vacuum/Pressure Testing This could really suck.
- Four Stroke Exhaust Pipes Keeping the sound down.
- Two Stroke Exhaust Pipes Expanding your chambers.
- Valve Adjustment Keep those Clearances open.
- Valves Servicing the Valves and Seats.
- Pistons & Cylinders & Rings Work those Jugs Over.
- Cylinder Hones Putting the Cross Hatch on.
- Chinese Ring Instillation Which Rings are Which!
- Gear Boxes How to slide those gears into position.
- Gear Shifters Something Shifty Going On!
- Exploded Gear Shifters More Shifty Dealings.
- Clutches Slip in a new gear grabber!
- Exploded Clutches Exploded Clutch Views.
- Automatic Clutches Clutch lever? I don't need no clutch lever!
- Exploded Automatic Clutch Views More Views, Automatically.
- Counter Balancers Cooling the bad vibes.
- KickStarters Kicking is an old habit!
- Exploded Kickstarter Views Lots of old kicking habits.
- Water Cooling How to keep your cool.
- Water Cooling Systems Cooling Pictures from Hot to Cold.
- Unsticking a Stuck Engine Getting it unstuck.
- Engine Plain Bearings Plainly some things are going around.
- Roller Bearings Getting things rolling.
- Valve/Cam Timing Getting the timing right.
- Valve/Cam Drives How to drive those Cams.
- Adjusting the Cam Chain Setting the Tension.
- Cam Chain Views Different ways to set the Tension.
- Splitting the CrankCases Split 'em up right.
- Seals Fix a Leaking Seal.
- Engine Removal and Installation Pull it Out and Stick it In.
- Bowden Control Cables Controling your cables.
- Hydraulic Brakes & Clutch Making Hydraulics Work.
- Hydraulic Brakes & Clutch Exploded Views Acke Brakey Views.
- Drum Brakes Make your Drum Brakes Brake.
- Front Forks Replace those Leaking Seals.
- Exploded Forks Exploded Front Fork Views.
- Align the Front Forks Handlebar to Tire Alignment.
- Front Wheel Removal Pull your fronts.
- Rear Wheel Removal Pull your rears.
- Changing Tires Fix a Flat Tire.
- Spoke Wheels Truing your rims.
- Rear Chains & Sprockets The Transfer of Power.
- Wheel Bearings keeping your rims rolling.
- Steering Bearings keep your Handlebars Turning.
- Twist Grip Throttles Turning the power on and off.
- Specifications Motorcycle Specifications.
- Motorcycle Software Programs for your Bike.